Thursday, August 2, 2012

On being content.

"People always think that happiness is a faraway thing," thought Francie, "something complicated and hard to get. Yet, what little things can make it up; a place of shelter when it rains - a cup of strong hot coffee when you're blue; for a man, a cigarette for contentment; a book to read when you're alone - just to be with someone you love. Those things make happiness." -- Betty Smith
Over the past few days, I've been having a lot of ups and downs and a lot of big decisions to make. The perks of growing older, I guess. The source of my anxiety has been whether to move or not.

The decision I ended up making was no; Not right now, at least. After a few heart-to-hearts with my mom (who I owe everything in this world to), I realized that I am too young to be too financially struggled right now. To move out with Brendan and to share a place together that we can both call "home" would be wonderful and amazing, and I can't wait for that day, but that day is not right now. I'd be living paycheck to paycheck and still struggle with money. I'm twenty-two years old, I need to live and not worry about bills.

Living here isn't so bad. I'm able to save a lot of money, have more spending money, and I still have all the freedom in the world. Plus, seeing Charlie on a daily basis isn't so bad, either.

For now, I'm content. I have a roof over my head, a wonderful boy to love, and a pretty great family that is extremely loving and supportive. I think right now is my time to grow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment